16 March 2010

Poor little guy girl...

I'm not actually sure if this is a male or female... I found this little critter on the beach this morning. I ran home and phoned the Marine Mammal Stranding Center. The person I spoke to said they'd send someone down to check him her out and see if he she needed rescuing or if he'd she'd be okay to go back in the sea. They asked me to shoot some photos and send them in. I hope he's she's okay.






UPDATE - Turns out the seal is a girl.
This is the email I got from Jay at the Marine Mammal Stranding Center:
Thanks for the photos and the calls about the seal. While there were no obvious issues with her, we did pick her up because she was very lethargic. It may be a few days before we know exactly what all of her issues are. Feel free to check in with us next week to see how she is doing. You can also check our website every few days for updates and adoption info for her as well.

Thank you again,

-Jay

2 comments:

JP said...

Wow, that's so amazing that you got so close to a seal. I hope everything turns out okay.

Sally JPA said...

That's so neat that you were part of saving her life (for a while, if not longer) and that they'll be able to give you updates. That poor seal.